Summer Kick Off Contest - Terms and Conditions
TERMS AND CONDITIONS & OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE REQUIRED TO ENTER OR WIN
- ELIGIBILITY: Summer Kick Off Contest. The “Contest” is open only to legal residents of fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia and Canada, excluding residents of Quebec, who are eighteen (18) years of age or older. The Contest is subject to federal, state, provincial and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited and the winner must successfully answer a skill-testing question.
- SPONSOR: The Contest is sponsored by Jewlr.
- AGREEMENT TO OFFICIAL RULES: Participation in the Contest constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
- ENTRY PERIOD: The Contest begins June 8, 2015 at 9:00am Eastern Time (ET) and ends at 9:00am Eastern Time (ET) on June 22, 2015. Entries that are submitted before or after the Entry Period will be disqualified.
- CREATE AND SUBMIT AN ENTRY: Participants must share the contest post publically on their personal Facebook page. Then, participants must follow the link provided to sign up to the Jewlr Newsletter. Once both tasks are done correctly (proper information submitted for newsletter and public sharing of post) all valid, applicable entrants will be submitted. In entering the contest and agreeing to these terms and conditions you are granting consent for the collection of this information. Your personal information will not be shared with any parties other than the sponsors of the contest.
- ENTRANT’S WARRANTIES AND REPRESENTATIONS: By submitting an Entry, each entrant warrants and represents that the Entry (a) is original to the entrant, (b) does not infringe the intellectual property, privacy, publicity, or any other rights of any third party, (c) does not violate any law or regulation.
- SPONSOR’S RIGHTS TO ENTRIES: By submitting an Entry, you agree not to instigate, support, maintain, or authorize any action, claim, or lawsuit against the Sponsor on the grounds that any use of the Entry infringes any of the entrant’s rights as creator of the Entry, including, without limitation, copyrights, trademark rights, and moral rights.
- SELECTION OF WINNER: On or about 9am ET June 22, 2015, a winner will be selected at random from only valid entries using our recent mailer signup list. The winner must answer a skill-testing question. The Sponsor will announce the winner and attempt to notify the winner within five (5) days of selection via email. The winner will only be announced once their age, country and validity has been validated.
- REQUIREMENTS OF A POTENTIAL WINNER: Except where prohibited, a potential winner may be required to sign and return an affidavit of eligibility, a liability/publicity release. Documents must be signed, notarized, and returned to the Sponsor within 5 days of being notified. If a potential winner is a minor, his/her parent or legal guardian must sign the required documents on the entrant’s behalf. If a potential winner fails to sign and return the required documents within the required time period or is otherwise ineligible to receive the prize, an alternate entrant may be selected in his/her place according to the selection procedures set forth above. The winner must successfully answer a skill-testing question.
- PRIZE: One (1) Prize Winner will receive a $200 Jewlr Gift Certificate. No cash or other substitution may be made, except by the Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute a prize.
- PRIVACY AND PUBLICITY: Except where prohibited, participation in the Contest constitutes an entrant’s consent to the Sponsor’s use of his/her name, and photo for promotional purposes in any media without further payment or consideration.
- GENERAL CONDITIONS: In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Contest is impaired in any way for any reason, including, but not limited to fraud, virus, or other technical problem, the Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, either (a) suspend the Contest to address the impairment and then resume the Contest in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules or (b) award the prizes at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. The Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Failure by the Sponsor to enforce any provision of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. In the event of a dispute as to any online entry, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address used to enter will be deemed to be the participant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
- RELEASE AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: By participating in the Contest, entrants agree to release and hold harmless the Sponsor, and their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents (the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Contest or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) any technical errors that may prevent an entrant from submitting an entry; (b) unauthorized human intervention in the Contest; or (c) errors in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries. Entrant further agrees that in any cause of action, the Released Parties’ liability will be limited to the cost of entering, if any, and participating in the Contest, and in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorney’s fees. Entrant waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
- DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in the Province of Ontario. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, entrant’s rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the Province of Ontario.